February 22, 2013 posted by Jeff Rizzo
The first release candidate of NetBSD 6.1 is now available for download at:
NetBSD 6.1 will be the first feature update for the NetBSD 6 branch. There are many new drivers, some new features, and many bug fixes! Highlights include:
- Bugfixes and feature improvements to NPF, the NetBSD Packet Filter
- Improvements to several ARM platforms, including Raspberry Pi which now has nearly-complete support.
- Support for dtrace on amd64
- MIPS ports switched to gdb 7.3.1, gdb6 removed
- Additional device support in key drivers including wm(4), uftdi(4), mfi(4), bge(4), aac(4), tlp(4) and others.
- Various port-specific improvements to the amiga, arm, sparc64 and x68k ports.
A complete list of changes can be found at:
Please help us test this and any upcoming release candidates as much as possible. Remember, any feedback is good feedback. We'd love to hear from you, whether you've got a complaint or a compliment.