April 28, 2009 posted by Roy Marples
dhcpcd-5 has now been imported into -current.
I've run a full distribution build and install without any issues so hopefully nothing broken :)
Here's a list of the major changes from dhcpcd-4
- Single daemon can now run DHCP on multiple interfaces at the same time
- Configuration profiles per interface, ssid, arping and fallback
- Listens to 3rd party programs changing routing information
- Supports DHCP INFORM over PPP
- Can configure static options for destination address
- Control socket so 3rd party program can control or listen directly to dhcpcd events
- Is also a BOOTP client
There's now an rc.d script for it which is now recommended over ifconfig_bge0=dhcp in /etc/rc.conf
Any dhcpcd-gtk users will need to upgrade to dhcpcd-gtk-0.4.0 as there was a last minute variable rename due to a recent rc.subr change looking for the flags environment variable.